Frost is the UK’s number 1 for optical equipment servicing, providing a dedicated service to the optical industry.
Due to continued business growth the company is seeking to employ an additional Field Service Engineer on a full time, permanent basis in the East London, Essex and surrounding areas. It is essential that any candidate matches the company’s ethos for the provision of unparalleled customer service.
Working on ophthalmic optical instrumentation, responsibilities will include.
- Equipment installation and handover
- Scheduled preventative maintenance servicing.
- Reactive maintenance visits to diagnose and repair faulty instruments
Skills & attributes required.
- The ability to work independently in a field-based role.
- Electro-mechanical skills.
- IT knowledge and experience
- Excellent customer service skills with a ‘first time fix’ mentality.
- Some ophthalmic experience would be preferable
The successful candidate will receive in-house and on-site training, as needed. Experience within the ophthalmic industry would be useful but not essential, however the candidate must be adaptable to a wide array of challenges. No specific qualifications are specified, but an engineering-based qualification will be preferable. The candidate must also hold a valid driving licence and be prepared to work away from home on occasions.
This role offers a variety of interesting and differing challenges on a daily and weekly basis. Frost welcomes any applicant who feels confident to meet the exciting challenges posed by this opportunity.
Salary; Subject to experience